OBC 2019/2020 Annual Report
The US based Alliance High School Endowment Fund had KShs 6.4M in the Academic Scholarship Fund and KShs 3.7M in Sports Fund as of 15th August 2020 for a total of KShs 10.0M in endowment funds.
In 2020, the AHSEF Board awarded 3 scholarships of KShs. 50,000 each to the following students
- Wambugu Ambrose
- Troon Amiani
- Kingori Dennis
The AHSEF Board welcomed 2 new directors, Miano Njoka and Kenneth Muchina, and some of the existing directors transitioned to new roles
- Jacob Sitati(Class of 1995) - President
- Tanvir Sharif(Class of 1994) - Treasurer
- Miano Njoka(Class of 2003) - Secretary
- Kenneth Muchina(Class of 1994) - Director
- Martin Mbaya(Class of 1994) - Director
- Emmanuel Kitonyo(Class of 1994) - Director
The Board would like to thank Okomboli Ong’ang’a for his service on the Board.
Two key goals for the year:
- Thinking through the merit scholarship component of thel fund and how to implement it. The model originally envisioned by the founders was based on their US experience and now is a good time to review the model.
- Encouraging Alumni contribution. How to keep alumni engaged and committed to supporting the fund.